Kelli and I are excited to announce the next leg of our worldwide tour:
We are excited, grateful and feeling the love on this one because it is a truly epic trip. I mean, REALLY epic, because Qatar is the wealthiest country on earth and from watching a few YouTube videos, observing average rush hour traffic is not unlike sitting at an exotic car show or enjoying a 1990’s rap video montage.
We’re talking some serious wheels. And some eye-popping palaces/mansions too.
Our Deal this Past Year
Kelli and I spent much of 2016 in New Jersey.
Save a month in Costa Rica, a month in Cyprus, a month in Istanbul, and a month in NYC for house sits – OK that *is* 4 months but for us, nothing – we lived in good old Jersey, for a few reasons.
We have a new niece. Spending time with this bundle of fun and love has been a blast!
Unfortunately, my mom is in the late stages of Alzheimer’s, so I’ve spent more time with her and my dad as we prepare for our transition to the next stage, wherever it is we go.
I feel loved, cared for and supported by God and all the wonderful people I’m connected with through my fam and friends and loving readers and customers and clients because all of you helped me create the lifestyle where I could spend so much time with my niece and help out with mom during this sometimes sweet and sometimes bitter past year.
As for the country that makes Larry Ellison and Paul Allen look like frugal, cheap bastards….
Kelli dropped the 411; we peeped a job opp, house sit-wise, in Qatar. After weighing the situation we decided to apply. 2 days and 1 interview later we received the offer, accepted, and here we are.
Note; if you need help landing awesome house sits read my eBook: How to Land the Best House Sits on Earth Easily
Tickets booked. We’re flying out of JFK in late January. Then we spend February in Qatar.
Why We’re as Stoked as a Racehorse Who OD’ed on Winny (see what I Did?)
- first full trip to the Middle East (save quick layovers)
- I’ll have to keep my knees covered (they were never my strong suit) which keeps the attention on my calves (which were always my strong suit)
- we’re diving into a fascinating culture
- immersing ourselves in an opulent environment that falls somewhere between Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne and on the low end, Scrooge McDuck, will be a prospering, mesmerizing experience
- we’ll be house sitting for a month in a mansion within a sweet compound
- possible camel riding and sand hill sledding?
I’m a digital nomad. Big time minimalist. So having stuff is no big deal to me. But being in a place where folks have the means to have plenty of stuff is neat, both from an abundance perspective and from an Instagram perspective. Hey, gotta think Blogging From Paradise branding, my kiddies.
Cool Qatar Facts
- Qatar offers a wide range of fauna and flora even though it’s a desert
- Qatar weekends fall on Friday and Saturday
- Summer temps in Doha – the capital – reach 120 degrees F, or more
Another note: Qatar is pronounced “cutter.” When we saw the house sit opportunity I thought we may be heading to visit a Marvel Comics character who is kinda nice with knives. Before I found out the proper pronunciation of Qatar.
That’s pretty much it guys.
I am definitely ready for a new, fulfilling adventure in a fantabulous spot.
I wanted to add a few helpful resources if you’re as aspiring digital nomad (or want to travel a bunch more, long-term):
- How to Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging (ebook)
- 11 Fundamentals of Successful Blogging (Audio Course)
- 7 Tips to Become a Professional Blogger Who Blogs from Paradise (eBook)
Have you been to Qatar?
Or is it on your travel list?
Image credit: Pixabay user ahraqx0
Latest posts by Ryan Biddulph (see all)
- How to Do Blogger Outreach in 12 Steps - April 21, 2018
- Are You Frustrated with Trying to Build a Successful Blog on Your Own? Buy this eBook - April 20, 2018
- Sheep on Hill Opotiki New Zealand - April 19, 2018