I have the need.
The need for speed.
After Phillip Dews did serious speed work on Blogging From Paradise recently I noted a dramatic change in blog performance.
My readers also saw the transition to lightning fast load times.
How to Speed Up Your Blog
I done went and recorded a screen share video explaining 4 tips I followed – or PD and I followed – to enable my blog to load with blinding speed.
- I explain why choosing a VPS as a hosting solution creates lightning fast load times for your blog
- learn why I streamlined Blogging From Paradise
- I discuss why you need to work with a skilled web developer to do real speed work with your blog
- I underscore the important of using a CDN to host images and speed things up
Guys; I don’t care if your readers have the patience of Buddhist monks I see in da hood here in Pong Noi, Thailand. Folks head for da cyber hills if Haley’s Comet flows through during the amount of time it takes to load your blog.
I know why you resist doing speed work:
- you’re pretty cheap and want to boot strap your way to blogging success (good luck moving up in blogging circles when your blog cannot handle traffic surges)
- you’re terrified that making changes to your blog – changing hosts, using a CDN, streamlining things – will result in your blog crashing, losing files or some nightmarish scenario that makes things worse, not better
This was me for years guys. Both counts.
Cheap bastard and terrified of rocking the boat and effing up my blog.
Both fears did not serve me. I played small. I struggled. Literally, I did stuff to ensure I got little blog traffic and failed, so I’d not have to pay more money for a VPS and CDN and so I could avoid streamlining my blog.
- blog traffic
- blogging profits
- blog comments
- social shares
increase, so does your blog investment. No way around that. At least if you want your blog to keep growing steadily.
But if you’ve yet to make a stinking dime through your blog and blog down time is frequent combined with slow loading speeds, it’s time to do speed work.
This involves a combination of the 4 tips I share in the video, or perhaps you will follow each tip.
Being a Pro Blogger
After watching this video you may nod in agreement, knowing a VPS or CDN is in order, but when you ponder spending more money you may budge, allowing your fear of spending/losing money to goad you into making a foolish decision.
Be a pro blogger. Spend money. Embrace change.
Speed up your blog.
Ready for some lightning?
Click this link to watch the video:
Does your blog need speed work?