If you are obsessed with making money through your blog imagine your hands being in your pockets.
Hands in your pockets, always grabbing at your money.
So people can’t steal it from you.
Scheming to make more money.
Hoarding your money.
Protecting your money.
You really like to make money blogging.
Making money is the only reason you’re blogging, really.
Or perhaps you’re as broke a joke as a guy selling rich, buttery, chocolate chocolate-chip muffins outside of a Weight Watcher’s Convention.
You need to pay this week’s bills.
Or worry about covering next year’s taxes.
You NEED money.
And you need it now.
So you jam your hands into your pockets.
To protect the money in your wallet or purse.
To count coins.
To feel around for dollar bills.
To preserve your plastic.
If you stuff your hands into your pockets you can’t:
- Shake people’s hands (meet new bloggers for the first time)
- Hug bloggers (strengthen bonds with your newer and older blogging buddies)
- Post ads on walls for your fellow bloggers (promote other bloggers through your blog, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Applaud your fellow bloggers or pat them on the back (Promote them or congratulate them through emails and direct messages)
- Hand your fellow blogger money (hire them, pay for their products or services or eBooks)
- Create helpful content
- Pray to a Higher Power to allow in more awesomeness, that you’re connected to, anyway, and that this Higher Power will help you to see the more you pray from a blessed, grateful space
You make money through your blog by BEING the gal or guy who:
- Trusts in the blogging process (for atheists), or trusts in a Higher Power who/which creates all (for everybody else)
- Gets your goldang hands out of your pockets! To help, to serve, to connect and to promote other bloggers (and yourself) and to inspire your readers so they become more than they ever dreamed they would be
You can’t build a full time blog if you focus predominantly on making money with your blog.
Get your hands out of your pockets and:
- Follow your fun
- Follow your freedom
- Shake hands, hug, pat other bloggers on the back and hand money to your fellow blogger by hiring them and by buying their wares
You can’t create, connect or pray with your hands jammed into your pockets.
Do you jam your hands into your pockets sometimes?
How are you better helping your fellow blogger?
How are you reaching out?
Have you seen a boost in online profits by pulling your hands out of your pockets?